Tony’s Chocolonely – (COMPLETED) – Supply Chain Planning Manager – Amsterdam
Marielle van Gastel | 8 August 2019
Tony’s Chocolonely wants to make all chocolate 100% slave free. Not just for her chocolate, but all chocolate worldwide. Not exactly the average company, right? Instead a chocolate company whose primary goal is to resolve a social issue in the world. In 2005, Tony’s Chocolonely was founded by journalists of the Dutch TV-program “Food Unwrapped” when she discovered that the large chocolate manufacturers used cocoa from farms with children slaves at work. Since then, she has grown to be the 2nd biggest chocolate brand in the Netherlands. Tony’s Chocolonely wants to make people aware of the inequality in the chocolate industry, set the example that chocolate can be made differently and inspire the chocolate industry to make 100% slave free cocoa the norm in chocolate.
As Tony’s Supply Chain Planning Manager you lead and grow Tony’s Plan team (consisting of 3 Tony’s) and you implement efficient ways of working to manage the complex demand flows. You are responsible for managing the co-manufacturers and ensuring the availability and quality of all finished products including the demand and supply planning of all Tony’s materials. Together with their Value Chain Controller you build strong analytics resulting in insights to manage the balance between costs/availability, quality and solid business cases for new product developments. And last but not least: Tony’s has just started its own production line (Tony’s Unlimiteds) and you are responsible for the functional and technical aspect of the production of the self-made Tony’s bars. Yeah baby! Let’s talk about your key responsibilities:
You are responsible for the following plans, forecasts and cycles:
• The 5 Year Business Plan network capacity planning for all materials and finished products.
• A 4-quarter rolling volume forecast for all markets and finished products and an 8-quarter rolling volume forecast for all materials (packaging, ingredients and cocoa beans).
• A robust Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) cycle feeding the Business Scenario Planning cycle.
• A supply agreement and relation-management with key suppliers and all co-manufacturers.
• The alignment of priorities on resources with Sales & Marketing and the allocation of sku’s to the production network.
• You support the cocoa bean forecast and you make a long-term capacity planning.
TEAM LEAD & STRATEGY:
• You lead and grow the Plan team (3 Tony’s) and you consciously adjust the team structure and invest in the personal growth of the team members.
• You create a can-do, inclusive, raising the bar & outspoken culture in the planning team, the production and supplier network and the broader Tony’s (Operations) team.
• You are responsible for 60% of COGS by Chocolate Contract cover management (volumes and phasing).
• You implement and run the Master Production Schedule (MPS) and you align and manage the co-manufactures on the MPS.
• You implement and run (a system supported) Material Resource Planning (MRP) resulting in timely overviews of ingredients, packaging materials.
• You are responsible for developing valuable relations with all production partners through periodic performance reviews.
• You prioritize long-term capacity development and short-term capacity.
• Your dedicated to proof a traceable flow of materials to bars.
• You are continuously looking for improvement programs with co-manufacturers.
• You are responsible for the production and supply chain for Tony’s Unlimiteds (their own production line).
BUDGET & IT SYSTEMS
• You are responsible for the COGS budget (chocolate & manufacturing-fee), management and reporting.
• You are responsible for accurate and timely reports on plan performance and strategy developments.
• You enable new business and product development.
• You are the owner of the ERP system Navision, you work with are forecasting system Delorean and other relevant systems like Sales force, Bean tracker and Tony’s Unlimiteds systems.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• You have around 10 years of experience within an international corporate environment and you think on an academic level.
• You have advanced team management skills. Experience with managing a (small) team is a must!
• You are S&OP experienced. And experience within Food is a plus.
• You speak English fluently. Bonus points if you speak Dutch!
• You love data and analytics and you have great negotiation skills.
• You are a good (international) relation builder. Hard on content and soft on relations.
• You always challenge yourself and team Tony’s to increase ambitions. Dare to make mistakes and learn from them. Raise the bar!
• You are stress-resilient, have a positive attitude and are fun to work with 🙂
• And lastly, you can make chocolate from anything and everything: maintain and support a can-do attitude, jump in wherever necessary.
• An enthusiastic team of great, driven colleagues with a lot of love for their mission and Tony’s Chocolonely.
• An inspirational and fast growing international work environment in which you can show that things can be done differently and you will get challenged to raise the bar.
• The possibility to help build Tony’s Chocolonely and their mission. Only together you can change the chocolate industry!
• 28 annual leave days, that’s right minimum. More is fine too.
• With a permanent employment contract you are eligible to join their Employee Participation Plan; Tony’s Golden Wrapper.
• They take your development very seriously and have annual personal training budgets.
• A super tasty lunch & enough (healthy) snacks. Better than at home, they hear often.
• Working out during work hours; that keeps you sharp! Your sports outfit is on them, of course.
• You will be part of Tony’s Operations team and report to their Bean to Bartender Frans (Head of Operations).
• An awesome office in the middle of Westerpark in Amsterdam.
• They all work hard and have fun. Loads and loads of fun! Because they looooooooooooooove having fun at work. Don’t get them wrong, they know how to work their socks off too.
• And of course, lotssss of chocolate.
Inspired-Careers, Recruitment for Logistics and Supply Chain Professionals, is selected to search and select the best candidate for this position.
If you are interested or you like to get more information, please contact:
Marielle van Gastel, Managing Partner Inspired-Careers
email@example.com | +31 613960030