Operations Trainee (COMPLETED) – Ermelo
Marielle van Gastel | 8 October 2018
Success keywords : entrepreneur | sustainability | curious | fun | analytical | result-driven | strong communicator | thorough | quick learner | 1 – 4 years relevant experience in process engineering (preferably in a food environment) | University degree, Industrial Engineering or other technical background
Our customer is an agri-tech innovator. She is producing and marketing high-quality alternative proteins for human consumption. Durable products are highly nutritious, easy to digest, planet-friendly because of its sustainable production and have the potential to feed the world of tomorrow. The unique, scalable, high-tech vertical-farming facility enables her controlled production of powders and oils from high quality insects for the food markets. She is the first of its kind at its current scale of patented automated insect breeding and rearing, as well as producing value-adding and distinguishing food ingredients through patented processing. She has built her knowledge center in Ermelo and is currently going through the planned scale-up process. In parallel, she is expanding the current site and validating & implementing her planned optimization parameters, both of which will function as inputs for an improved foundation for the roll-out.
As the operations trainee, you will be part of an experienced and ambitious team, driving effectivity and efficiency in an organization that is a fore-runner in an emerging industry. This company is using perfected concepts from other industries to leapfrog her development and progress within this new industry. The operations trainee will both drive execution of various operational processes as well as help realizing steep improvement targets within multi-functional teams through structural measurement of key performance indicators. Individually you have a practical can-do mentality, strong process understanding, enjoy operating independently whilst ensuring alignment and are strongly analytical. You will find yourself in an environment with many optimization opportunities and a call for results – an interesting, steep yet feasible challenge. Your input will help you, and the company to deliver on her ambition to Feed the world without consuming the earth.
The organization will continuously develop, and with these developments, the exact content of the role will evolve – and you as a person should enjoy this kind of entrepreneurial environment. You understand the need for a more sustainable food system, and feel the urgency to realize this.
In the first 2 years as operations trainee, you will:
- Report to the COO and work closely with plant manager, R&D director, CCO and the supporting teams;
- Show a high level of autonomy, whilst regularly checking in to validate thoughts and direction;
- Support building a culture of operational excellence, initially by co-designing and executing the processes (with initial focus on planning, purchasing, stock management and logistics) and over time transferring standardized processes and monitoring process effectiveness;
- leverage the unique position to add value in a wide array of processes: breeding dynamics and impact on operations, technical design of high-level and detailed (breeding, processing, operational and IT) processes, improving effective automation, optimizing the practical solutions we chose yesterday with today’s new insights;
- drive conversion of concepts and theory into practice and technical, industrial processes applications;
- support in integrating and embedding a KPI dashboard to creates insight in performance and identify bottlenecks, in doing so identify and drive projects to improve performance, capacity and reduce variable costs
In short you live the company her values, are able to connect, have a can / will do mentality, quickly understand new processes and dynamics, see improvement opportunities everywhere and have the technical & social skills to realize a practical solution incredibly quick.
NEW download our INSPIRED-JOBS APP: http://bit.ly/1pAIDR0 (iOS) or http://bit.ly/1uF7VPi (Android)
Marielle van Gastel
Marielle van Gastel